Five Great Reasons to Rethink Honeycomb Shades
When I first opened my business, I thought to myself, ‘There is no way I am selling those old fashioned Honeycomb Shades!” Boy, was I wrong! I am so in love with these shades for some many reasons. They are not they old fashioned shades we think about hanging torn in the window of our granny’s house. The shades are beautiful, durable, and come in a myriad of colors, patterns and options. Honeycomb shades are also referred to as cellular shades. Let me tell you why I think they are so fabulous!
- They are hands-down the best pick for energy efficiency. Their cellular construction traps air between the window and the room, thus keep hot air out in the summer and cold air out in the winter. It’s like putting a layer of insulation on your windows. You can choose from single, double, or triple cell shades; the more cells, the more insulation they will provide.
- You can control the amount of light you want in the room by selectingfrom sheer, light filtering, room darkening, or blackout fabrics.
- There are several options that allow for privacy during the day, including a Top down-bottom up feature which enables you to lower the shade from the ‘top down’, as well as a Day-Night option, which is a Sheer shade on top and a Black-out shade on the bottom, all on one shade. You just lift the shade in whichever direction you wish according to your needs! How cool is that?
- Cellular Shades can fit in many specialty windows where there are few other window covering solutions. Do you have an arched window that the sun is pouring in, heating your home and fading your furniture? A cellular shade is a great solution. Also, they can be motorized for those hard to reach windows or simply for ease of raising and lowering your shade.
- Since cellular shades are such great problem solvers, the selection of fabrics is limitless. Honeycomb shades look great in traditional and modern settings, and can be offset by side panels or valances.
Yep, it’s definitely time to rethink your windows and how a cellular shade may be a great fit for you! Call me today and let me show you how it will look in your windows. I know you will love them as much as I do.